Shocking surveillance video captured the moment three gunmen opened fire on a crowd outside a rap concert near Miami, killing two people and wounding 21 others.
The shooting unfolded early Sunday morning when a group of concertgoers spilled out into the parking lot of the El Mula Banquet Hall and the three gunmen began firing more than 100 rounds of bullets into the crowd.
All three suspects remain at large and have yet to be identified as of Wednesday.
Authorities said the gunmen had waited in a stolen SUV for up to 40 minutes for concertgoers to come outside and appeared to be targeting specific people.
Disturbing footage of the attack emerged on social media, showing the concertgoers gathered in the parking lot laughing and talking when gunfire rang out.
One of the three gunmen enters the frame as the crowd flees in a panic and a man is left lying in a pool of blood on the pavement.
Another victim can be seen attempting to crawl away while a third inches his way between two nearby cars for safety as a hailstorm of bullets fly past them.
Scroll down for video
Shocking new surveillance video captured the moment three gunmen opened fire on a crowd outside a rap concert in Miami, killing two people and wounding 21 others
The video shows concertgoers gathered in the parking lot laughing and talking before gunfire rings out, sending them all fleeing for cover
A shooting victim lays motionless after three gunmen opened fire into a group of concertgoers
Law enforcement officials say they are trying to identify the suspects from the recently gathered surveillance footage.
Previously-released surveillance video of the Sunday showed the white SUV the gunmen were driving pulling into an alley at the strip mall where the El Mula Banquet Hall is located in northwest Miami-Dade, near Hialeah.
The three men were then seen getting out of the vehicle, one gripping a handgun, while the other two carried what police described as ‘assault-style rifles.’
The gunmen had waited in the car for between 20 and 40 minutes for concertgoers to come outside to the front, police said.
They sprayed bullets indiscriminately into the crowd, even though police said the assailants had specific targets in mind.
The disturbing video clips posted to Twitter show several different camera angles of the gunmen opening fire into the unsuspecting crowd before fleeing off-screen in a stolen SUV
The video showed a victim attempting to crawl away while another inches his way between two nearby cars for safety as a hailstorm of bullets fly past them
Surveillance footage was released earlier on Monday with the car being found hours later
The Nissan Pathfinder SUV used by the gunmen, which police say was stolen back on May 15, was found submerged in a canal in nearby Key Biscayne by police hours after the mass shooting.
The water, just five miles east of Miami, is a notorious dumping ground, according to authorities.
Miami Police Department Chief Art Acevedo on Sunday warned of ‘a long summer’ of bloodshed unless lawmakers take action against gun violence.
He told CBS’s Face The Nation: ‘Unless we all start speaking up, speaking out and demanding our elected officials take action, we’re going to see a lot more bloodshed, and I’m very sad to say that this summer is going to be a long summer for the American people’.
Divers found the white Nissan Pathfinder that was involved in a mass shooting on Sunday morning was submerged in a canal in Miami-Dade County
The SUV was reported stolen two weeks ago and found in a canal in Key Biscayne
Miami Police Department chief Art Acevedo on Sunday warned of ‘a long summer’ of bloodshed unless lawmakers take action against gun violence.
Acevedo said the shooting was ‘an indication of the problem we have with the scourge of gun violence in this country that we need to do much more at a federal level to stop.’
A number of people in the crowd pulled out their own weapons and shot back.
Two men, both 26, were killed, and more than 20 were injured.
A 31-year-old woman and two men, ages 21 and 25 are still in critical condition.
Three others have been released from hospitals, including a 17-year-old who was shot in the leg. Because of privacy laws, police have not released the names of any of the victims as of Wednesday.
Clayton Dillard III was one of two people killed early Sunday morning outside of a Northwest Miami-Dade banquet hall during a mass shooting that sent 21 others to the hospital
Detectives are pictured at the scene of the shooting on Sunday in Miami-Dade County
More than a hundred bullets and casings were found at the scene of the shooting
‘We will do everything, everything we can and use every resource available to bring these people to justice. We will leave no stone unturned, we will leave nothing behind to bring these shooters to justice,’ Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said at a news conference.
‘We know that our intended target was most likely in front of the establishment when the shooting took place,’ added Major Jorge Aguilar of the Miami-Dade Police Department.
Police say they are now scrubbing through the newly-gathered surveillance footage from the exterior of the banquet hall in an attempt to identify the three suspects who opened fire.
Mourning father, Clayton Dillard, is ushered to the lobby of Miami-Dade Police headquarters after emotionally interrupting a news conference hosted by Mayor Daniella Levine Cava about the shooting this weekend in Northwest Miami-Dade
Clayton Dillard, center, was also seen outsider the scene of the shooting on Sunday
Police Director Alfredo Ramirez III said on Sunday that he believed the attack was targeted, with police continuing to search for the suspects
No arrests have yet been made but authorities are offering a $130,000 reward for information on the shooting.
Earlier on Monday, a grieving father interrupted a news conference just as the Miami-Dade Police Department’s director, Alfredo ‘Freddy’ Ramirez III, was decrying the weekend’s gun violence and appealing for the community’s help in tracking down the shooters.
‘You killed my kid with no reason,’ the distraught man yelled out as he was escorted away from cameras. Police laterer confirm that the man, Clayton Dillard, is the father of one of two 26-year-old men who were gunned down outside.
‘That is the pain that you see. That is the pain that affects our community right there before you,’ Ramirez said.
Police recovered almost 100 shell casings from outside the banquet hall, where party-goers fired back at the three suspects
Two people were dead at the scene of the shooting and three are in critical condition
Miami Police Chief Acevedo called for the justice system to ‘throw the book’ at criminals caught with illegal firearms.
‘Most (of) these cowardly misfits don’t fear death, they do fear long prison sentences,’ Acevedo tweeted Sunday morning.
‘Firearms belong in the hands of law-abiding Americans of sound kind, more (must) me done to keep them out of the wrong hands.’
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis called for ‘swift and severe’ justice.
‘We mourn the loss of the two victims and are praying for the recovery of the more than 20 people injured at El Mula Banquet Hall near Hialeah,’ he wrote in a tweet. ‘We are working with local authorities to bring justice to the perpetrators.’
Gun-related homicides have surged across the United States over the past year.
Last Wednesday, a public transit worker shot dead nine people at a California rail yard before turning his gun on himself as police arrived.
Mass shootings have occurred in recent months at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis, an office building in California, a grocery store in Colorado and at several spas in Atlanta.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact CrimeStoppers at (305) 471-TIPS (8477) or (866) 471-8477.