Mark Zuckerberg, chief executive officer and founder of Facebook Inc., arrives for a House Financial Services Committee hearing in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019.
Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Facebook is set to announce its fourth-quarter earnings after markets close on Wednesday.
Here’s what analysts are expecting:
- Earnings: $3.22 per share forecast by Refinitiv
- Revenue: $26.44 billion forecast by Refinitiv
- Daily active users (DAUs): 1.83 billion forecast by FactSet
- Monthly active users (MAUs): 2.76 billion forecast by FactSet
- Average revenue per user (ARPU): $9.49 forecast by FactSet
The company started the quarter racking up ad revenue from U.S. politicians eager for votes in the lead up to the 2020 U.S. election.
Analysts are predicting that companies with digital ads businesses, including Facebook, are posed to report strong quarters fueled by a unique stay-at-home holiday shopping season.
In December, the company was hit with antitrust lawsuits by the Federal Trade Commission and a coalition of attorneys general from 48 states and territories.
Analysts will also be looking for additional information regarding the impact of Apple’s privacy changes on Facebook’s ability to target ads to users.